About IRIS Ventures
IRIS VENTURES is the advisor to a €100million growth equity fund backing brands and tech-enabled solutions that make our lives healthier, happier and more convenient. IRIS provides growth capital, strategic guidance and industry-specific resources to help the most promising consumer brands and mission-driven founders reach their full potential. The fund is an active investor in the Health, Wellness, Family, Lifestyle, Beauty, Nutrition, Education, Daily Tech and Modern Commerce, with a focus on community, branding, innovation and technology.
At IRIS VENTURES, our mission is to rewrite the future of consumption. We invest in crowd-pleasing consumer brands that modern consumers love. We back community-first, tech-enabled brands and platforms. We work intimately with passionate and purpose-driven founders, those with audacious ambitions to become the thought leaders of tomorrow.
The IRIS team is composed of a mix of successful investors and operators that have contributed to high growth stories across multiple industries and have operated in multiple continents, covering EMEA, APAC and America.
We are looking for an experienced Investment Director who will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, leading due diligence, closing and exiting opportunities. A charismatic communicator, passionate about consumer brands, markets and technologies, with a special instinct for cutting through market noise to identify up and coming brands and consumer products ranging from the latest indie beauty launch to the most consumer-centric lifestyle marketplace, and with extensive experience in negotiating and executing deals across multiple sectors and asset classes.
- Source, negotiate and execute investment opportunities
- Modelling of investment opportunities
- Plan and lead due diligence processes
- Lead transaction documentation
- Develop and present investment proposals to the investment committee
- Actively work with portfolio companies post-investment
- Recruit, coach, develop and mentor junior team members
- Take (when/if required) board seats in invested companies
- Prepare materials for LPs
- Actively contribute to any marketing and community activities of IRIS Ventures
- Actively represent the IRIS Ventures brand in conferences, summits and in speaking engagements.
- 6 to 10 years of work experience, including extensive experience in private equity, investment banking (M&A, corporate finance) or venture capital, preferably with solid financial modelling, valuation and transaction documentation experience
- MBA from a prestigious business school is desired.
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, well organized, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Strong business and investment acumen – capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages (French, Chinese, German, Spanish) desired.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving
The soft side:
- Curiosity: you are always open to learning, every time you discover a new trend you are the first one to try the “new thing” and tell your friends and colleagues about it. You are the “influencer” of your group of friends.
- Drive: you are a self-starter and you don’t need external motivation to produce high-quality work. You are self-driven and can revise and rate your own work. You push until the end, looking for creative answers to non-obvious problems.
- Ambition: you think big and want to be part of building something even bigger.
- Visionary: you can identify trends before anyone else and are obsessed with particular topics that you spend hours reading about and researching. You can easily identify future trends and predict the future, informed by your reading, your intuition, your studies and your community and family.
- Team player: there’s no “I” for you, always “we”. You can adjust to different roles in a team and are always willing to learn new skills.
If you are interested, please record a 3 min video about yourself and why you think you are a fit for this role and send it to email@example.com also attaching your CV and LinkedIn profile.
We will get back to you regarding next steps!