About IRIS Ventures
IRIS VENTURES is the advisor to a €100million growth equity fund backing brands and tech-enabled solutions that make our lives healthier, happier and more convenient. IRIS provides growth capital, strategic guidance and industry-specific resources to help the most promising consumer brands and mission-driven founders reach their full potential. The fund is an active investor in the Health, Wellness, Family, Lifestyle, Beauty, Nutrition, Education, Daily Tech and Modern Commerce, with a focus on community, branding, innovation and technology.
At IRIS VENTURES, our mission is to rewrite the future of consumption. We invest in crowd-pleasing consumer brands that modern consumers love. We back community-first, tech-enabled brands and platforms. We work intimately with passionate and purpose-driven founders, those with audacious ambitions to become the thought leaders of tomorrow.
The IRIS team is composed of a mix of successful investors and operators that have contributed to high growth stories across multiple industries and have operated in multiple continents, covering EMEA, APAC and America.
The MBA Intern is one of the key strategic roles for the future of the new fund. If you are self-driven, ambitious, entrepreneurial, highly motivated and passionate about the industries where we want to win but at the same time have a strong critical mindset and analytical mind this job is for you.
- Market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities, including strategic deep dives
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities according to investment criteria
- Documentation: summarise call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Gather information from target companies and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and/or customers of the target companies
- Elaborate specific topics for internal knowledge and thematic analysis
- Create a database of VCs/angels/early stage investors active in the space
- Support investment managers in deal flow, business plan analysis
- Support investment managers in financial transaction, legal documentation and ongoing portfolio management
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Provide support in internal investment memos and reporting requirements to investors
- Develop webinar strategy with specific themes/topics relevant to founders/LPs
- Enrolled in a top-tier MBA program
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial modelling
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with Excel, Powerpoint and Google Suite
- Self-starter who can take initiative in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to communicate and work well with senior management
- Second language in addition to English required
- Location: Barcelona / London
If you are interested, please record a 3 min video explaining why you think you are a fit for this role and send it to email@example.com also attaching your CV and Linkedin profile.
We will get back to you regarding next steps!